Newbury Gardens Day Nursery creates a healthy, happy environment for your children to learn to explore and grow. We support this process with policies that have been put in place to support and protect your children whilst they are in our care. These include our Health and Safety Policy, Positive Behaviour Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy and Safeguarding Children Policy. All of our policies are displayed in our entrance hall and copies are available for parents on request.
Our aims include:
- Meet the differing individual needs of children and their parents.
- Provide a warm, caring atmosphere where children can develop to their full potential with confidence in the company of supportive adults.
- Provide a safe, stimulating environment to enhance the development of enthusiastic, lively enquiring minds, the development of early learning and give a sound base for the increase in knowledge and understanding of the world in which they live.
- Promote social awareness, a pride in themselves and respect for others, regardless of their backgrounds or beliefs.
- To provide equality of opportunity for all, including those who may have special educational needs.
- To promote sensory awareness, competence in creativity and self expression and communication through a variety of methods.
- To provide opportunity for developing understanding of basic numeracy and scientific ideas.
- To help children understand their bodies and develop physical co-ordination with joy and confidence.
- To promote a sense of fun and humour.
- To develop children as well mannered attentive listeners who can follow instructions, but who also develop positive attitudes, iniative, the ability to solve problems and develop independence in thought and action.